- 1986- Research Associate, Dept. of Civil Eng. Waseda University
- 1988- Post-doctoral Research Fellow, University of Minnesota, St. Anthony Falls Hydraulic Laboratory
- 1991- Special Researcher for Science and Technology, Office of Science and Technology (Public Wors Institute, Ministry of Construction)．1992- Lecturer
- 1994 – Associate Professor and 2000- Professor, Dept. of Civil Eng. Waseda University
- 2003- Professor, Dept. of Civil and Environmental Eng. Waseda University
- 2004, 2015 and 2016 Hydraulic Engineering Paper Award, JSCE
Prediction of Large-Scale Flooding and Underground Inundation in Large Cities, Evacuation Guidance for People and urban planning for resilience to heavy rainfall
Elucidation of river self-forming mechanism and development of numerical prediction technology to enable river channel rehabilitation
Themes of graduation thesis:
Research on Real-time Inundation Prediction System S-uiPS for Social Implementation
Flood Hazard Evaluation and Evacuation Guidance System for Tokyo Shibuya Area Including Underground Space – To Make Shibuya Resilient to Torrential Rainfall.
Elucidation and Numerical Prediction of River Levee Failure Mechanisms
Movable bed hydraulic experiments and numerical prediction for reconstruction of the theory of sediment transport
Books Patents, etc.:
Movable bed Hydraulics” Kyoritsu Shuppan, “Hydraulic Formulas” (co-author) JSCE, ” Dictionary of Erosion Control Terms” (shared writing) Sankaido, ” Civil Engineering Certification Examination” (co-author) GYOSEI.
Vice President of the Japan Chapter of the International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR), and Director of the Tokyo Parks Association. Member of JSCE and ASCE.