Graduate who have completed undergraduate and graduate courses have started their careers in a wide diversity of fields.
In a typical year, 40 to 60 percent of those who finish undergraduate school advance to graduate school. The avenues of employment available to graduates reflect the breadth of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, and are growing in diversity every year. That said, jobs found by the majority of students are in fields related to town planning or social infrastructure, such as civil service, railway and highway companies, energy and communications, and construction. In addition, some gain employment in “soft” fields which support society, such as IT and finance.
- Government organizations: Tokyo Metropolis, Gunma Prefecture, Mie Prefecture, City of Yokohama, Tama city, Toshima City
- Constructions: OBAYASHI CORPORATION, KAJIMA CORPORATION, SHIMIZU CORPORATION, TAISEI CORPORATION, HAZAMA ANDO CORPORATION, TODA CORPORATION,Takenaka Corporation, SATO KOGYO CO.,LTD,etc.
- Consultants: ORIENTAL CONSULTANTS Co.,Ltd, OYO Corporation, CHODAI CO., LTD, CHUO FUKKEN CONSULTANTS CO., LTD, Pacific Consultants Co., LTD, Nippon Koei Co., Ltd, CTI Engineering Co., Ltd,etc.
- Railways: East Japan Railway Company, Central Japan Railway Company, Odakyu Electric Railway Co., Ltd, Sotetsu Holdings Inc, Railway Technical Research Institute.
- Roadways: East Nippon Expressway Company Limited, Central Nippon Expressway Company Limited, West Nippon Expressway Company Limited.
- Real estate: Urban Renaissance Agency , Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd,MITSUBISHI JISHO DESIGN INC, SEKISUI HOUSE, LTD, Ltd, DAIWA HOUSE
- Manufacturers/Plant: JGC HOLDINGS CORPORATION.
- Energy/Communications: Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, J-POWER, Keiyo Gas Co., Ltd, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone East Corporation.
- Information and communications/think tank: IBM Japan, Boston Consulting Group, Accenture ,Japan International Cooperation Agency.
- Finance/Trading company: Mizuho Financial Group, Inc, Mitsubishi Corporation, Mainichi Broadcasting System, Inc, etc.